PMTS 2013 attendees will receive a sneak peek at the most powerful Mastercam machining software yet. Stop by booth # 437 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, OH, April 16-18 for a look at Swiss Expert 2012 as well as Mastercam X7, the latest Mastercam release, which is due out Q2 2013. Mastercam X7 introduces many significant new capabilities, including the new Mill-Turn product and much more.
Mastercam Swiss Expert
Mastercam Swiss Expert is designed to program Swiss-style NC machines, and is popular with watch-making, medical device, dental, automotive, and electronics companies—industries where extremely small but very precise parts are a requirement. Mastercam Swiss Expert is developed in the same region of Switzerland where Swiss-style machines were invented. It is known for supporting an unlimited number of axes and channels, and for realistic simulation of the entire machine and its tools. Mastercam Swiss Expert reduces startup time significantly, is ideal for optimizing cycle times, and supports all types of tooling.
New Mastercam Mill-Turn
Mastercam’s Mill-Turn product makes machining on today’s high-powered turning centers and full-function machining centers simpler and easier than ever before. Mastercam Mill-Turn streamlines the programming process with intelligent job setups that are keyed to the exact machine in your shop. Intelligent work plane selection makes it easy to select the proper spindle and turret, and program your part with Mastercam’s proven milling and lathe toolpaths.
Mastercam X7 integrates Renishaw’s Productivity+ for in-process gauging. This uses a measuring probe on a machine tool to determine fixture offsets, orientation, and critical dimensions. Probing eliminates the need for tool presetters, expensive fixtures, and manual settings with dial indicators. It allows for machine offsets to be automatically adjusted, even during the machining process, to further enhance the manufacturing process.
Also available in Mastercam X7:
- The new Tool Manager, providing a whole new way to create and organize your tooling.
- Improved Backplot and Verify utilities that offer a more efficient workflow, better analysis tools, and more comprehensive toolpath support.
- Dynamic and OptiRough toolpaths with more efficient tool motion, including enhanced cut orders and faster calculation times.
- Multi-threading support extended to most 2D high speed toolpaths, resulting in faster toolpath processing.
- Oscillate motion for Curve and Swarf 5-axis toolpaths, improving your tool life by not always machining with the same area of the tool.