Boothroyd Dewhurst officials hosts the 2012 International Forum on DFMA June 11-13, 2012, in Providence, RI.
Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc., will host the 27th annual International Forum on Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) on June 11-13, 2012. This year’s Forum, “Manufacturing Momentum: Building on Success with Better Design,” will take place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Providence-Warwick, RI, USA.
Leading companies speaking at the 2012 DFMA International Forum include Rolls-Royce, Westinghouse and Motorola. In addition, Harry Moser of the Reshoring Initiative will provide an update on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and trends in American manufacturing. John Biagioni of Dynisco will talk about how design drives TCO and can reshape future profits for manufacturers.
Each year the conference discusses product development strategies related to cost reduction, improved performance and quality—with an emphasis on measured results.
“Across the disciplines, manufacturers and vendors alike are recognizing the impact that front-end collaboration and analysis have on success,” says John Gilligan, president of Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc. “DFMA is the quantitative design approach most influential in showing just how soon this critical decision-making process can start and how remarkably far the positive effects migrate through an organization, to its supply chain, customers—and then its own bottom line.”
About the DFMA Forum
The Forum is the foremost conference worldwide on DFMA methodologies and software. DFMA helps structure a team’s knowledge and guide collaboration efforts from the concept stage onward to create feature-rich products at less cost. It does this by providing comparative “should cost” estimates for manufacturing processes and materials, and by targeting opportunities for product simplification.
The Forum offers insights and solutions to managers, financial decision-makers, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, purchasing personnel, and supply-chain experts interested in benefitting from up-front product development. In addition to the presentations listed below, there will be a pre-conference workshop on “Value Engineering and DFMA” by productivity and lean six sigma expert Chris Tsai, along with a post-conference workshop by Dr. Mike Shipulski of Hypertherm Inc., on “Systematic DFMA Deployment—How to Implement for Increased Profits.”
For information on the 2012 International DFMA Forum on Design for Manufacture and Assembly, and the pre-conference workshop, go to http://www.dfma.com/forum/index.html.
Below is a list of this year’s presentations and speakers:
- Using DFMA during Value Engineering Studies, Design for Manufacturability Assessments, and Should Cost Analyses within a Global Supply Chain
Westinghouse Electric Company
- DFMA - Where It's Going
- Total Cost of Ownership Calculation: 2012 update
- A DFMA Cost Information Management System at Whirlpool
Jason Lynn and Chris Holt
Whirlpool Corporation and Convergence Data Services
- Beating Aggressive Cost Targets with DFMA
Bill Devenish and Kevin Marett
PCB Larson Davis
- Dynisco's DFMA Implementation: Overcoming the Fear of Change
- Implementation of DFMA in VAVE methodology at Sanmina-SCI’s Mechanical Systems Division
Ric Peña, Sundar Kamath and Nate Stanley
- DFA Breaks thru the Global DE Community with Success
Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Advancing R&D Competitiveness with Metrics
Goldense Group Inc.
- Design for Assembly Line Performance: The Link Between DFA Metrics and Assembly Line Performance Metrics
Rochester Institute of Technolog
- Eliminating "Point of No Return" Using DFMA Software
Ranjeev Chaudhary and DRSV Varma\
- DFMA at Dynisco: Sooner Rather Than Later
- Applying DFA Analysis to Evaluate and Improve the Assemblability of an Automated Plasma Cutting Machine
Francisco Lopez-Jaquez and N. Alfaro-Flores
- Design for Low Cost - Incorporating Innovative, Cost Efficient Designs into the Product
- Advantages of Molded Foam in Product Design
David Meeker and Rob Cole
Neoteric Product Development and Protexic Brands
- The Correlation of As-Built Products to As-Designed Models Closing the Loop on Dimensional Measurement Results to Simulation Predictions
Dimensional Control Systems, Inc.
- Tying It All Together: TCO, DFMA, and Supply Chain/Operations Strategy