Free App provides real-time mobile access to Apriso’s global solution for manufacturing operations management.
Apriso, a leading provider of manufacturing software solutions, today announced general availability of Apriso for Manufacturing, the first Windows 8 application designed specifically for manufacturers. This application extends Apriso’s manufacturing mobility and intelligence capabilities to Microsoft Windows 8 mobile devices, delivering plant-by-plant metrics to make better-informed decisions, anywhere anytime, from the convenience of a Windows 8 tablet or phone.
“Apriso for Manufacturing provides Windows 8 users with a sophisticated dashboard and drill down capabilities, enabling visibility and execution to gain and sustain operational excellence,” said John Fishell, vice president of product management at Apriso. “With this application we have leveraged unique capabilities of the Windows 8 operating system, such as charms and embedded social collaboration, resulting in better, more intuitive user experience.”
Windows 8-based mobile devices, made by Microsoft, Sony, HP, Dell, Samsung and others now have access to Apriso’s complete suite of core FlexNet applications, including Production, Warehouse, Quality, Maintenance and Time & Labor. Apriso’s customers gain the following benefits by using this new app:
- Greater flexibility to execute business processes from Windows 8 tablets and phones
- Expanded access to FlexNet to monitor system performance 24/7
- Simplified execution of maintenance or quality inspections
- Faster performance of exception handling or alert responses from an expanded variety of mobile devices
- Easier monitoring, analyzing and collaboration to improve operational performance
Apriso for Manufacturing is available for download in the Windows Store. View a video demonstration of this application here.